The Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet, Dr Misheck Sibanda has announced the following categories of Ministerial appointments by His Excellency the President, Cde Emmerson Dambudzo Mnangagwa, in terms of Section 104, subsection (1) of the Constitution of Zimbabwe.
- Cde Patrick Chinamasa, as the Minister of Finance and Economic Planning;
- Cde Obert Mpofu, as the Minister of Home Affairs and Culture;
- Air Marshal Perrance Shiri, as Minister of Lands, Agriculture and Rural Resettlement;
- Dr Lazarus Dokora, as Minister of Primary and Secondary Education;
- Dr David Parirenyatwa, as the Minister of Health and Child Care;
- Cde Kembo Mohadi, as the Minister of Defence, Security and War Veterans;
- Cde Ziyambi Ziyambi, as Minister of Justice, Legal and Parliamentary Affairs;
- Major General Sibusiso Moyo, as Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade;
- Cde Kazembe Kazembe, as Minister of Sport, Arts and Recreation;
- Dr Mike Bimha, as Minister of Industry, Commerce and Enterprise Development;
- Cde July Moyo, as Minister of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing;
- Cde Sithembiso Nyoni, as Minister of Women and Youth Affairs;
- Professor Amon Murwira, as Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology Development;
- Cde Supa Mandiwanzira, as Minister of Information Communication Technology and Cyber Security;
- Professor Clever Nyathi, as Minister of Labour and Social Welfare;
- Dr Joram Gumbo, as Minister of Transport and Infrastructural Development;
- Cde Winston Chitando, as Minister of Mines and Mining Development;
- Cde Oppah Muchinguri-Kashiri, as Minister of Environment, Water and Climate;
- Cde Priscah Mupfumira, as Minister of Tourism and Hospitality Industry;
- Ambassador Simon Khaya Moyo, as Minister of Energy and Power Development;
- Cde Chris Mutsvangwa, as Minister of Information, Media and Broadcasting Services; and
- Cde Simbarashe Mumbengegwi, as Minister of State for Presidential Affairs and Monitoring Government Programmes.
Ministers of State for the Provinces
- Cde Angeline Masuku, as Minister of State for Bulawayo Metropolitan;
- Cde Miriam Rutendo Chikukwa, as Minister of State for Harare Metropolitan;
- Cde Monica Mutsvangwa, as Minister of State for Manicaland;
- Cde Martin Tafara Dinha, as Minister of State for Mashonaland Central;
- Cde Webster Shamu, as Minister of State for Mashonaland West;
- Cde David Musabayana, as Minister of State for Mashonaland East;
- Cde Ndabazekaya Giyilitshe Cain Mathema, as Minister of State for Matabeleland North;
- Cde Abednico Ncube, as Minister of State for Matabeleland South;
- Cde Josiah Dunira Hungwe, as Minister of State for Masvingo; and
- Cde Owen Ncube, as Minister of State for Midlands.
- Dr Christopher Mushohwe, as Minister of State for Government Scholarships in the President’s Office.
- Cde Terence Mukupe, as Deputy Minister for Finance and Economic Development;
- Cde Davis Marapira, as Deputy Minister of Lands, Agriculture and Rural Resettlement;
- Professor Paul Mavima, as Deputy Minister of Primary and Secondary Education;
- Cde Victor Matemadanda; as Deputy Minister for War Veterans;
- Cde Pupurayi Togarepi, as Deputy Minister for Youth Affairs; and
- Cde Joshua Malinga, as Deputy Minister for Social Welfare.
The appointments take immediate effect.
Date and time for the swearing-in ceremony will be announced in due course.